Mike Marolt, Steve Marolt, and Jim Gile:
We are a group of friends who grew up skiing, climbing, and playing baseball together in Aspen Colorado. Our passion for the mountains was instilled in us at an early age by our friends, family,and teachers who passed on their love, respect, and enjoyment of the magnificent peaks in our back yard. We have carried that passion with us on countless expeditions over the past 25 years to more than 40 peaks in some of the highest, coldest, and most remote places on the planet. We have used and abused all kinds of gear over the years so we know what works and what doesn't. We consider the products, listed on this site, to be the best in the business and truly expedition worthy. This is gear that flat out works in the harshest conditions imaginable and unimaginable.
Major ski mountaineering accomplishments include:
- Inducted Explorer’s Club Members, 2001
- Listed in Outside Magazine’s Top 25 Outdoor Achievements in The First 25 Years
- Listed in Sports Illustrated’s Famous Descents
- Featured in National Geographic Explorer
- Interviewed twice for CNN Today Show
- Profiled in Forbes Magazine’s Adventures with Jim Clash
- Featured in Warren Miller’s film Higher Ground (2006)
- Featured on NBC World of Adventure Sports/OLN Adventure Quest
- Outside Magazine feature story by Nick Paumgarten, 2010
- Ambassadors/sponsored athletes for Lowa, Mammut, Tissot, Under Armour, Platinum Performance and Aspen Skiing Company, among others
- Spokesperson for Merck Pharmaceuticals, 2009
- Creator of 24 Hours of Sunlight Ski Race, a benefit event for Multiple Sclerosis
Tom Ball has been a successful business manager, owner and entrepreneur in the Colorado Mountain resorts for over 25 years. Tom and his wife Joyce raised their family in the Roaring Fork Valley of Colorado. They are avid year round outdoor enthusiasts. While not attaining the heights of mountain expeditions and climbing 8K peaks, as his partners, Tom brings the everyman focus on what gear will work for the weekend warrior as well as the elite athletes.